Position Summary: Part-time Business Manager
Theater in the Open (TitO) is seeking a dynamic, organized, entrepreneurial professional to join its team as the Part-Time Business Manager. This position will assist the Artistic Director and Production Manager with day to day operations. The Business Manager will manage multiple projects, with a focus on fundraising and community building. He or she will develop a task calendar and track critical dates, events and organizational goals for the TitO team and follow up with team members to ensure deadlines are met. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic and ready to hit the ground running. Extensive knowledge of the local community is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional training, and three to five years work experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, management and administrative skills including time management and the ability to multi-task.
- Energetic and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated, advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Access.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and presentation skills.
- Event planning experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the local community preferred.
- Ability to be a team member in a small office/collaborative environment.
- Cooperative and adaptable work style;
- Ability to partner effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders, from business sponsors to alumni, displaying poise and diplomacy .
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as needed during TITO’s season.
Hours and Compensation: Approx. 15 hours per week, $15 to $20 per hour, depending on experience.
Schedule will vary during TitO’s season; some work can be done from home.
By March 1st, please send a resume and letter of interest to:
Theater in the Open
P.O. Box 215
Newburyport, MA 01950